Looking for a lawyer in the South Bend/Mishawaka area?
The St. Joseph County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service was established to assist individuals and businesses in finding an attorney.
Lawyers who participate in the service must have:
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Be members in good standing of the Bar Association
- Experience and practice regularly in the areas of law we are referring them for
Attorneys in our service practice in almost all areas of law, including:
- Business & Corporate Law
- Consumer Law
- Custody, Visitation and Child Support
- Landlord/Tenant Issues
- Medical Malpractice
- Misdemeanor & DUI
- Personal Injury
- Probate, Estates and Wills
- Real Estate
- Social Security/Disability
- Workers Compensation.
When you contact the service, staff will help you evaluate your situation and then refer you to an attorney who practices in that area of law. The service is unable to provide you with legal advice.
There is a $25 fee for the referral service, which includes a 30 minute consultation with the attorney. Any additional attorney’s fees for services will be discussed between you and the attorney.
You may contact the LRS by telephone: (574) 235-9657. The office is staffed between 9:00 and 11:30 a.m. weekdays.
If you are seeking an attorney referral and are unable to reach us by phone, please send an email to email@example.com. In your email, please include:
- Your name
- Your callback phone number
- Your zip code of residence
- The county in which you seek legal representation if not St. Joseph County
- A brief description of your legal matter
Email inquiries will be responded to in the order they are received.