Note: Materials are available where indicated; not all speakers have materials to distribute.
7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Registration and Check-in
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Mike Anderson on Bad Faith, Bad Lawyers, Bad Law (bad faith insurance claims) (.5 hr ethics credit) [handout]
8:35 a.m. – 9:05 a.m.
- Erin Linder Hanig on A Primer on Multi-District Litigation
9:10 a.m. – 9:40 a.m.
- Tom Vetne and Brian Kubicki on Tips and Tricks for Legal Writing [handout]
9:40 a.m. – 9:55 a.m. Morning Break
9:55 a.m. – 10:25 a.m.
- Hon. Stephen Bowers on Impact of Cognitive Biases on Negotiation and Persuasion
10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Wendell Walsh on Proper Handling of Medical Records in PI Cases [handout]
11:05 – 11:35 a.m.
- Frank Julian on The Intake, the Screening Process, and the Dangers of Facebook (.5 hr ethics credit) [handout]
11:35 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Lunch (on your own)
12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. Registration/Check-in for Afternoon-Only Attendees
12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Doug Sakaguchi and Jerry McKeever on Thirty Litigation Law Updates in Thirty Minutes
1:05 p.m. – 1:35 p.m.
- Hon. Steven Hostetler on Lincoln and Legal Ethics (.5 hr ethics credit) [handout]
1:40 p.m. – 2:10 p.m.
- David Pruitt and Alice Springer on Preliminary Injunctions From A to Z
2:15 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- Ed Sullivan and Angela Kelver Hall on Dealing With a Difficult Deposition Witness and Ethical Issues in Witness Preparation (.5 hr ethics credit)
2:45 p.m. – 2:55 p.m Afternoon Break
2:55 p.m. – 3:25 p.m.
- Robert Green on Uninsured, Underinsured, and Med Pay Coverage Issues
3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Timothy J. Abeska on What Every Litigator Needs to Know About Arbitration
4:05 p.m. – 4:35 p.m.
- Ed Chester on Challenging Hospital Liens and a Stanley v. Walker Update [handout]
4:40 p.m – 5:10 p.m.
- Doug Small on Tips & Tricks on Case Handling—From the Initial Client Meeting to Receiving a Verdict [handout]