More to come!
Did you know?
The Bar Association offers free access to Lexis/Nexis and an enhanced version of the Odyessy/MyCase system? This is a members-only benefit in the law library.
Helpful e-filing links and tips
After a couple of “e-filing only” weeks, clerks, lawyers, and judges are discovering some best practices. Here are a couple for you to incorporate into your work flows.
- Be sure to sign everything you file, including property settlement agreements. Without paper minute entries, no one knows who filed a document if you don’t have your name on it. (Don’t forget, Trial Rule 11 says thou shalt sign all filings even if the client signs it.)
- Call the clerks or court before submitting a notice of hearing so you can include the date and time on the notice. This helps filings move through the system more quickly.
- e-Filing Users Guide http://www.in.gov/judiciary/4313.htm
- e-Filing Training by Providers http://www.in.gov/judiciary/4315.htm
- e-Filing Providers Comparison: http://www.in.gov/judiciary/files/e-filing-efsp-comparison.pdf